Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Written July 2007

Last week my sister, niece, Trent and I spent a week at the beach. the winds were warm and the water perfect. I sit and watched Trent play in the waves and struggle making a sandcastle. I remember back a couple years when it was Greg and I on the beach doing the same thing. I realized I was not sad, the memories were wonderful. My sister looked at me with tears in her eyes and said " I feel so close to Greg when we are on the beach" The beach is one of Greg's favorite places. We were sharing it with him again, I have no doubt in my mind. One evening we let balloons go from the beach, in honor of Greg. I don't know why but when we have released balloons before, I felt like I was sending them to him and on this evening I felt like he was beside me watching them travel out of sight. Our last evening in the water, Trent looked at me and said " I know you love Greg more, because you worry about him all the time" WOW.....It take precious lips and honesty of a 6 year old, for me to realize what I seem to be doing in his eyes. I explained to him that I love him so much and equal to my love for Greg. I then began to think about what he said....and realized, that is exactly what I have been doing, worrying about Greg all the time. Why? Greg is being taken care of by the best hands I could ask for, and Trent is here and needs me to take care of him, worry about him. He is so precious. He is teaching me so much and he does not even realize it. I have always said that "A week at the beach is equal to a year of therapy."

No comments: